Camber puts pop into skis\/snowboards and gives skiers\/boarders good edge control while carving turns
Well no, they're not actually red. But the Atomic Redster X9 Skis + X 14 TL RS Bindings bite into a hard groomed surface like a crocodile snags an antelope's leg - it only lets go when it's done. This is about the closest most normal human beings want to get to a World Cup race ski, and Atomic has done an admirable job of providing you with maximum usable edgehold and stability while still keeping the ski tractable for daily use at the ski area. From Servotec "Power Steering" to the full sidewall, Titanal-infused construction, this is the real deal but doesn't require average speeds of 40 mph or legs the size of tree trunks to have fun.
- Active Camber – 100% Camber
- Power Woodcore – A sporty, dynamic ash and poplar woodcore that adds a ton of stability and dampens vibrations at speed.
- Servotec – The name comes from the German term for "Power Steering" and that's precisely what it does. Servotec uses a titanium rod and elastomer design fastened externally to pre-stress the ski and let it react to turn input more readily. As the ski enters the turn, the compression of the elastomer is relaxed and then rebounds as you exit the turn, making the steering lighter and quicker.
- Titanium Powered – A Titanal layer above and below the core creates supreme shock absorption, strong running stability and high torsional flex.
- Structured Topsheet – Massively increases durability and gives a high quality finish.
Bindings Do Not Come Mounted to Skis – Always have a certified binding technician mount and adjust your bindings.